To get things going, this post summarizes the list main characters and science fiction terms/technology (based on real science of course) used as the story backdrop. I still haven’t completed all the character names.
Feel free to make suggestions. This is a work in progress and your opportunity to shape the story.
Main Characters In MILK RUN:
- Captain xxxx Toby– Captain of the USS Princeton
- Commander John Emerson- Second in command of the USS Princeton
- Boat Chief George Stockton- chief engineer of the USS Princeton
- Smriti xxxxx- Toby’s fiancée who was taken prisoner by the Telrachnids
- Lieutenant Susan Connor- The ship’s visiting medical intern. Two years after loosing his fiancée (Smriti), Toby started dating Susan but broke up six months later. After joining SpaceComm, Susan was given a six-month assignment aboard the USS Princeton as a medic.
- USS Princeton personnel
- Unnamed crew members
- Security officer
- Medical team
- RCC officer
- Missile control officer
- Communications officer
- Electronic Surveillance Officer (ESO)
- Named crew members
- Crewman Technical Junior Grade Carl Thomson- suspected of being under Telrachnid control
- Crew woman Technical Junior Grade Stone- found to be under Telrachnid control
- Security officers Talon, Edwards, Wagner and Villani
- Unnamed crew members
Terms & Technology Used In MILK RUN:
- Grav-mag drive – inspired by “warp drive” but different. Based on Einstein’s equation that equates energy to mass, this mechanism focuses energy in (generated by matter antimatter reactions) into a small container to generate a powerful gravity field that is focused ahead of the USS Princeton creating a narrow wormhole of collapsed space enabling the ship to travel at faster than light speeds. It is the equivalent of a simple pulley that is used to multiply the force exerted by the pull of a single rope.
- CaPLog- Captain’s Private Log entries
- “The Crowbar”- Device used to enable spaceships to enter into and from (d-jump) parallel dimensions.
- MRC (Mass Rail Cannons)- short for Mass Drive Rail Cannons
- RCC (Rail Cannon Control)- computer systems that control the MRC
- Flash Missiles- space torpedoes
- Inter-dimensional depth charges
- Magneto armor
- SpaceComm- Space Command
- Holographic Tactical Display (HoloTac)- holographic viewing screen
- Spacebody- dead person found in space who died of rapid decompression
Next Post: Story Beat Points for the first chapter.